If you’re looking for a bargain in terms of indoor studio bikes, the Echelon GT+ Connect Bike comes ready to roll. Priced as the…
Echelon GT+ Connect Bike Specs
|Programs||Echelon Fit App|
|Dimensions||54″ L x 24″ W x 57″ H|
If you’re looking for a bargain in terms of indoor studio bikes, the Echelon GT+ Connect Bike comes ready to roll. Priced as the entry-model of the 2022 Echelon Connect Bike lineup, the bike brings a solid unit and plenty of features to keep riders happy. Built with an integrated tablet-holder instead of a large screen, riders get a free Apple iPad with the purchase of a one-year subscription to the Echelon Fit App. Or, they can always use their own device to access any number of other programs, listen to music, or watch television. On the plus side, the Echelon Fit App is a strong performer with solid reviews and if you’re going to buy an app it’s as good as any if not better than some.
Measuring 54″ x 24″ x 57″ at a machine weight of 88 pounds, the Echelon GT+ Connect Bike sports a 300-pound maximum weight limit and a dependable steel frame. Lighter than many rivals, it’s easy to move about the room. One really unique element to this bike is the option to choose a flywheel color of blue, orange, purple, or from September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2022, pink in support of the Susan G. Komen’s Breast Cancer Fund, with proceeds going toward the Echelon Breast Cancer Awareness Program.
Operating off Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR), the bike features 32 levels and a motorized magnetic e-Drive system. The unit comes with adjustable performance handlebars and an oversized padded comfort seat, performance bearings, a dumbbell rack, and water bottle holders. While there’s no console on this bike, there is a bracket for mounting a tablet.
- Personal Training Experience: At $34.99 per month, the Echelon Fit App users get more than 40-plus daily live classes, 3,000 on-demand workouts, 1 million song and artist choices, and over 60 different instructors. Choose from live or on-demand classes to get you motivated and pump up the energy during your ride. Riders can also add in programs like yoga, Pilates, and meditation for a fully-rounded fitness experience. The app also allows you to monitor all your performance stats (calories burned, speed, distance, etc.).
- Multi-position Handlebars: Adjust the handlebars to fit any rider. Diversify your training by changing the handlebar position to allow you to stand up or lean forward.
- Silent Magnetic Resistance: With 32 levels of magnetic resistance, the bike is easily adjustable with the turn of a knob.
- Sturdy, Durable Frame: The solid-steel frame makes the bike sturdy and perfect for heavy use.
- Modern Look: With a blue powder coat finish, the Echelon GT+ Connect Bike has a fresh, modern look and comes with four color alternatives for the flywheel: Blue, orange, purple, and pink.
- Compact Size: An important factor when choosing an in-home exercise bike (or any fitness equipment) is the size. This bike has a relatively small footprint that fits easily into most spaces.
- Lack of Programs: This bike does not include any pre-programmed workouts or a console (use of the Echelon Fit App requires a smartphone or tablet). Without a subscription to the Echelon Fit App, you won’t be able to track even the basic performance stats, so functionality is limited without this added cost.
- No Bluetooth: This bike does not offer Bluetooth connectivity.
- Customer Service: Many users report that the customer service could be improved, as their response time is unreasonably slow.
- Warranty: The warranty that comes with the Echelon GT+ Connect Bike is only for one year, which is on the weak side. However, there is an option to buy an extended warranty.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE ECHELON GT+ CONNECT BIKE?
The Echelon GT+ Connect Bike is great bike for those seeking a basic model with few frills. Priced under $900 it’s a solid unit and works best for those prepared to use their own tablet or smart television for entertainment. No Bluetooth means headphones would have to be attached to another device. That said, it’s a solid bike with cool color options and 32 levels of SMR and if you just want to earn the burn then this could be for you.
The Bottom Line
The Echelon GT+ Connect Bike is a high-quality, versatile spin bike that works for any fitness level. Size-wise, it adjusts to fit users of all heights and weights up to 300 pounds. Priced just under $900, it’s a top-tier budget bike for those whose main interest is the ride itself.
Credit: Source link